Art with a Heart, Inc. (AWAH) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of people in need through visual art.
The Education Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring the successful implementation of AWAH’s core programming; working in conjunction with the Program Coordinators and reporting directly to the Program Director and Executive Director. The role of Education Coordinator is a part-time position, requiring a commitment of at least three days per week in the AWAH office.
The Education Coordinator should have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- A keen interest, genuine passion for, and deep personal commitment to AWAH’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least four years of teaching experience.
- Experience with curriculum development and implementation for elementary and middle school grade levels.
- Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional relationship building, listening, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with a demonstrated passion for AWAH’s Mission.
- Solid judgment and leadership skills.
- Flexibility to create and/or execute ideas in a new or ambiguous environment.
- Ability able to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Impeccable integrity and strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Coordinators in the vetting, orientation, and onboarding of all teachers and assistants
- Develop and implement a twelve-month outline of Professional Development training for AWAH teachers and assistants
- At the direction of the Program Director, develop, implement, and evaluate AWAH programming and curriculum.
- Conduct site visits at least once a month (real or virtual) and evaluates the delivery and implementation of AWAH’s programs and curricula.
- Track and provide follow-up support to teachers and assistants based on monthly site visits.
- Oversee and provide feedback to Program Coordinators and Program Assistants on curriculum development for all programs.
- Serve as a mentor for new teachers and assistants and help seasoned teachers and assistants develop their strategies and adapt to modern practices.
- Help to ensure each program has a thorough project description, lesson plan, necessary materials, and project sample.
- Maintain working knowledge of each site’s participant numbers and art project preferences based on teacher and partnering site feedback.
- Ensure that artwork is appropriately displayed in all partnering sites and on a quarterly basis curate the art in the Boardroom of Baltimore City Public School Headquarters.
- Field and address teacher concerns and challenges to support their instructional growth.
- Develop and refine curriculum for special projects, one-time workshops, and field trip experiences.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships with teachers, assistants, partner sites, and community organizations.
- Provide assistance to the Program Director and Program Coordinators in the execution and delivery of all AWAH programs (in school and OST)
- In collaboration with the Program Director, develop and implement long-term objectives to achieve successful program outcomes.
- Attend meetings, resource fairs, and networking events to promote the organization, and to develop and further partnerships with potential and current sites.
- Attend workshops, continuing education, and research best practices to best assess Art with a Heart’s program evaluation and curriculum.
- Provide general support to all branches of the organization as needed.
- Supervise, evaluate and support AWAH teachers and assistants on a monthly basis at programming sites.
- In conjunction with the Program Director and Coordinators, help to create weekly class schedules and daily operating plans.
- In conjunction with the Program Director and Coordinators, help to maintain a calendar of recurring classes and projects for assigned sites
- In conjunction with the Program Director, Coordinators and Program Volunteers help to maintain the evaluation database, project description filing system, and storage of sample projects
- Create a calendar of professional development goals for the year.
- On a monthly basis, plan and implement virtual or in-person training and/or professional development for all AWAH teachers and assistants.
- In conjunction with the Program Director and Program Coordinators, assess and modify the curriculum based on teacher feedback, evaluations, cultural responsiveness, and sensitivity.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Classrooms, Google Hangout, and Google Docs
- Experience with or willingness to learn Constant Contact, DonorSnap, DreamWeaver, InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress
- Facility with Apple products
- Facility with Zoom, Skype and other virtual learning platforms.
Interested? Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Megan Fortman, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org